Parts and Tools
Seymour answers questions about mounting rings, screws, and other parts and accessories, as well as some of the tools used in guitar troubleshooting and maintenance.
- What Kinds of Tools Should I Use When Working on Pickups?
- What Kind of Solder Should I Use?
- How Can I Measure the DC Resistance of a Pickup?
- What Setting Do You Use to Check a Pickup with a Volt-Ohm Meter?
- What Are Mounting Rings?
- How Large Should a Hole Be to Mount a Pickup?
- Will Putting a Metal Cover on my Humbucking Pickup Help Reduce Microphonic Feedback?
- My Toggle Switch on my Les Paul is Hard to Move, What Can I Do to Loosen it Up?
- Can I Use a Soldering Gun When Working on Guitar Assemblies?
- Who Designed the Phillip Head Screw and When was it First Used?
- What are the Screw Diameters for Popular Screws?
- What Are the Various Types of Adjustable Screws?
- How Do You Use a Volt-Ohm Meter for Measuring the DC Resistance of Guitar or Bass Pickups?
- My Lever Switch Cuts in and out, Can it be Fixed?